Chronicling America Resources
- ChronAm “How-to” Tutorial – Tutorial produced by the Florida & Puerto Rico Digital Newspaper Project on how to search Chronicling America. Published on YouTube.
- Using ChronAm: Historical Vocabulary – Watch this video to learn more about historical vocabulary and why it is important to use it while searching Chronicling America and other digital newspaper resources. Produced by Ohio History, published on YouTube.
- Using ChronAm: Using Online Translation Tools – Watch this video to learn some tips for working with online translation tools in order to access the information contained in foreign-language newspapers on Chronicling America. You may also find this video helpful if you’re working with other foreign-language printed materials.
Produced by Ohio History, published on YouTube.
- In the Field: National Digital Newspaper Program – The National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP) is a partnership between the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) and the Library of Congress (LC). It is a long-term effort to develop an Internet-based, searchable database of U.S. newspapers with descriptive information and select digitization of historic pages. Supported by NEH, this rich digital resource will be developed and permanently maintained at the Library of Congress. An NEH award program will fund the contribution of content from, eventually, all U.S. states and territories.
Produced by NEH, published on YouTube.
- Chronicling America (ChronAm)
- Florida Digital Newspaper Library (FDNL)
- Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC)
- Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers (NewspaperCat)
- Digital Military Newspaper Library
- Judaica Digital Newspaper Collection
- Biblioteca Digital Puertorriqueña
- Umbra (African American History)
- Google News Archive
- Elephind (World Newspapers)
- HandWritten Newspapers Project
- Colección Puertorriqueña UPR-RP
- Global Press Archive (partial Open Access)
University of Florida subscriptions:
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
- Access Newspaper Archives
- 19thC U.S. Newspapers
- Access World News (NewsBank)
- LexisNexis Academic
- African American Newspapers (Readex)
- African American Newspapers
- Florida History
- Florida newspaper guide (UCF)
- History of Journalism
- Latin American & Caribbean Newspapers
- PK Yonge Library of Florida History
- American Memory – Library of Congress
- American Newspapers, 1800-1860
- Florida Historical Society
- Florida Division of Historical Resources
- Florida Memory
- History of Central Florida- UCF Podcast Project
- History of American Journalism- U of Kansas
- Matheson History Museum
- National Archives
- U.S. Vital Records
- U.S. Census Records